- Denny’s on Portola, Foothill Ranch closing today, Monday, January 31.
- The entire Laguna Hills Mall upstairs Food Court. Barricades going up this week, impacting Sbarro, Hot Dog On a Stock, and Chinese Express.
- Black Forest Bakery in Lake Forest closed Dec. 24. The owners cited the bad economy for the closure.
- McDonald’s at The Shops at Mission Viejo has closed
- The Chronic Tacos at 23781 El Toro Road in Lake Forest has closed. The restaurant phone number is disconnected, and the location is no longer listed on the chain’s website.
and temporary closing, per the OC Register:
- The Sizzler in Lake Forest on Jan. 31 to undergo a top-to-bottom remodel that will transform the aging restaurant into a modern eatery with new furniture, TVs and a revamped menu. “It’s an extreme makeover,” said Sally Myers, whose Temecula-based company, BMW Management, operates 25 Sizzlers throughout California. “We’re taking Sizzler as our guest knows it today, and it’s going away. ” The Lake Forest restaurant will serve its last meal Sunday, Jan. 30. It is among a handful in the chain being transformed to revive the Sizzler brand. The restaurant reopens later this year, and will be the first in Orange County to adopt the new Sizzler look.
“It will be a Sizzler like Orange County has never seen before,” Myers said.
Some foods and the ordering system will also change. Myers reopened a remodeled Sizzler in Murrieta in November, and so far, she said the feedback has been good. Menu prices will remain the same, she added. To get a look at the food, decor and structure changes expected at the Sizzler in O.C., check out our food gallery of photos: Behind the Scenes of Sizzler’s Big Remodel